Forbes DJ Rich List topper Calvin Harris is making a transition into the world of television, teaming up with Jay Z and Hollywood actor Will Smith for a comedy show on HBO.
The Scotsman is reported to have made $46 million in 2013 and this year's earnings will also be made through work as an executive producer on the show Higher, written by fellow Scot and Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh and based within the world of dance music.
Coming from Overbrook Entertainment, Three Six Zero Group and Jay Z's Marcy Media film company, fellow executive producers include Jada Pinkett Smith, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Jay Brown and Tyran Smith.
Currently in the development period, there are no details on a pilot episode as of yet but we're intrigued as to how this unlikely collaboration will turn out.
Latest from Laura Boles
- Robin Thicke and Paula Patton 'mutually' decide to split
- Shakira and Rihanna in bed together for provocative new music video
- Grammy win for Daft Punk boosts French EDM pride
- Another downtown Santa Fe bar has called it quits.
- Kim Dotcom Launched a Music Site, EDM Album and Political Party in One Week